Thursday, July 14, 2016

What's the Matter?

Does it really matter that it matters if all lives matter? I do think that sometimes we overvalue or own importance. I love to look at all of the old photo albums that my mother out together over the years. I still have all of them. I look at the faces in their black and white mode and try to see something in the eyes, the posture, the clothing, and the background of the photo that speaks to me and identifies their purpose, their accomplishments, and their parting gifts to future generations. Most of the time my search yields the score-Deceased relatives 0-living relatives-0. 

Ok, maybe somewhere along the way of life we held out our hand and helped someone. I surely hope that I did. I don't have any real proof that I did, but if I have not, I hope that I can help at least one more to survive a  little easier, to lessen their burden a bit, to ease their pain, and maybe even to help at least to point to a new road that may be the better road for them. 

I don't want to come to the end of  my existence on earth and have a zero score card. May the words of this song by my prayer today.

If I can help somebody, as I pass along,
If I can cheer somebody, with a word or song,
If I can show somebody, that he's travelling wrong,
Then my living shall not be in vain.

Chorus:
My living shall not be in vain,
Then my living shall not be in vain
If I can help somebody, as I pass along,
Then my living shall not be in vain.

If I can do my duty, as a good man ought,
If I can bring back beauty, to a world up wrought,
If I can spread love's message, as the Master taught,
Then my living shall not be in vain.

 Song by the late,  great Mahalia Jackson.



PS someday I will blog about my friendship with her personal manager. 

No comments:

Big Name Sport's Stars-Boring

Is anyone else sick and tired of prima donna athletes? KD,this is boring. You signed the contract, now, do the job and win a championship fo...