Wednesday, February 6, 2008

My Puter

Well, I am back. My computer was down for four days as I was impatiently waiting for a part.
Gosh, I missed it.I felt like I was cut off from the world.

Back in the nineties I used to make fun of those people glued to their PCS, and those who had cell phones glued to their heads.Now, I am one of those folks.When my addiction happened, I cannot tell you, but I am a full fledged addict.

I'm not proud of my addiction, but I will not live in denial . My addiction became apparent to me this weekend when I found myself going through the shakes,impatiently walking the floor, and waking up in the middle of the night craving a fix, Just a quick moment on line, please. Just let me check my email.ANYTHING PLEASE! Please!

At last the phone call come this afternoon, "Your part is here"Quicker than you can say"'You've got mail" I was in my car speeding up to the computer shop over ice and snow. As my computer tech tested the part, I was walking the floor, mumbling "I need a fix". "Patience, patience" admonished the tech.

Finally, I was back in my car, speeding towards home.And here I am.
My cravings are subsiding, my blood pressure has returned to normal, and my wife is greatly relieved. Ah yes, the world looks beautiful again.

No comments:

Big Name Sport's Stars-Boring

Is anyone else sick and tired of prima donna athletes? KD,this is boring. You signed the contract, now, do the job and win a championship fo...