Wednesday, August 8, 2018

The Snail Days of Wallace

I guess that dogs will do, but if I could choose any critter that best represents me when the temperatures rise well beyond 80 degrees, and the air is stagnant with smoke, it would have to be a snail.

When the snail is disturbed, it simply withdraws or pulls itself back into its shell. The snail also retreats into its shell and seals the entrance in dry weather to protect its body from drying up. A snail is most active at night and on cloudy days. It does not like the sunshine very much. During very cold weather or winter, it hibernates in the ground.
 http://www.kiddyhouse.com/Snails/

Yes, that is me. I stay up until around 2 AM, get up at 6AM, and when it is hot, I curl up and stay indoors all day. When the sun goes down, out I come.

Judging by the forecast for the next few days, it looks like I will be disappearing for a bit.
Here is your Wallace forecast.

Aug 8th     H-95   L-72
Aug 9th     H-102 L-78
Aug 10th   H-104 L-65

No comments:

Big Name Sport's Stars-Boring

Is anyone else sick and tired of prima donna athletes? KD,this is boring. You signed the contract, now, do the job and win a championship fo...