Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Happy Birthday, Tai

Today is my grandson's 14th birthday. It seems so impossible that he is that old. I remember the day of his birth like it was yesterday. I was on vacation visiting my parents in Osburn when my son called at 6 AM on aSunday morning and said that they were at the hospital. I got up, showered and was starting to pack when the second call came and my son said," hear your grandson?" Yes, I heard my new grandson crying his new lungs out in the background.It was the sweetest cry that I had ever heard. I beat it back home to Seattle as fast as I could, drove straight to the hospital, and saw him for the first time.

Tai is now 6 feet tall and is still a Seattle Mariner fan. For those who follow my posts, you may remember that Tai pitched in the Little League World Series last summer and has had looks from college scouts since he was 12 years old. But most of all, I am just proud of him because he is just a great kid in every way, and he is, after all, a direct descendant of a Wallace native even though Tai was only in Wallace once when he was three.



No comments:

Big Name Sport's Stars-Boring

Is anyone else sick and tired of prima donna athletes? KD,this is boring. You signed the contract, now, do the job and win a championship fo...