Sunday, May 25, 2014

Pet Peeve Day

I am amazed when I read or hear interviews by athletes, politicians, and Joe Blow being interviewed because he knew someone in the news when they were both in kindergarten. Why am I amazed? I am amazed because proper sentence structure seems to be a thing of the past. Does no one use correct grammar anymore? Here is a follow up question. Is proper grammar taught in America's classrooms anymore? 

I want to throw a shoe at the television when I watch an athlete, allegedly college educated, saying “Me and my teammates-------" I even hear well educated national politicians beginning a sentence with the word "well". When I was going to school, one could be banished to English purgatory for beginning a sentence with the word "well"  
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My next peeve has to do with choices of color combinations of clothing. When did mixing orange and pink become kosher? I even saw a hideous combination of red and purple. The world is definitely coming to an end.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My third pet peeve this fine Sunday morning is about people who wear their pajamas and clown pants to the grocery store. Is pride a thing of the past, too? Is personal hygiene and proper public appearance too much to hope for?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The fourth pet peeve of the day, and my last one, at least for now, are people who bring their dogs into stores. Please, I do not want your cute little slobbering mutt in the fruit and vegetable sections of the grocery store. My wife and I were in a store several weeks ago, I will not name it by name, but it rhymes with mall tart, and a woman had two small dogs walking long beside her shopping cart. They were not "companion" dogs. Are there no laws anymore prohibiting this outlandish behavior?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am done peeving today. I am actually having a very nice weekend except for the pain I have caused by a separated shoulder. My wife and I spent a very lovely Saturday at Honeysuckle Beach at Hayden Lake. We will spend today reading the Sunday paper, watching Mariner baseball, and eating a luscious pot roast. Yes, life is good, even with all of my pet peeves. 

 I do want to thank all of the great teachers from School District #393 when I was growing up Wallace. You were the best. 

No comments: