Saturday, January 18, 2014

Triple Fun Still In The Making

Ah, still waiting for the big three to make their earthy appearance. We all thought for sure that Santa Claus would deliver them, but alas, no. Then we thought that they could possibly be the first arrivals of the New Year in San Diego, but also, no. Then on the 14th, my daughter started having contractions and I got  a text from her saying " Dad, I think this is it." Eight hours later she was sent home, and alas, the wait continued.

Of  course that is really good news as far as the babies go, but as far as my daughter goes, well, I can only imagine what carrying three babies around in your tummy is like. The good part of all of this is that each day, each hour, actually each minute, cuts down the potential for problems and possible lengthy hospital stays for the triplets after they arrive. 

Of course, as a father and grandfather, I am on pins and needles. We can't go down there right now, so all that I can do is wait, pray, and wait some more.

My daughter's birthday is the 29th of this month, and that is the last day that her doctors will let this wait continue. What a birthday present that would be for her. Three new babies, so maybe, that will be the day. 



No comments:

Big Name Sport's Stars-Boring

Is anyone else sick and tired of prima donna athletes? KD,this is boring. You signed the contract, now, do the job and win a championship fo...