Monday, October 14, 2013

Singing Sentences.

In May of 2012, I posted this picture of the Opera House in Wallace that was built in 1896. Now, this was no ordinary Opera House. No sir, for in 1898, the county seat and courthouse was moved from Murray to Wallace, and while the original courthouse in Wallace was where the Smoke House is located now, actual court sessions were held in the --curtains please-------The Opera House. I can just picture it in my mind. Go with me to those thrilling days of yesteryear and --The Singing Judge.

The first scene opens as the Bailiff  comes out in tails and bib and in his rich baritone voice sings." Hear ye, oh Hear ye-the court is now in session------"
 And well, my mind has created an entire operatic scenario with the jury, and the spectators all joining in song. oh well, I can't really put it all in writing, but I hear it in my head. I sure hope that gets out of there soon.

No comments:

Big Name Sport's Stars-Boring

Is anyone else sick and tired of prima donna athletes? KD,this is boring. You signed the contract, now, do the job and win a championship fo...