Sunday, July 14, 2013

Ladies and Gentlemen of The Jury

No one seems to respect the wonderful system that America has in place. It seems like one person's justice is another person's injustice. Well, I believe that we abide by our system. I am afraid that some would take double jeopardy out of the Constitution of they could.

I realized as I watched people being interviewed after the verdict that many of us think that things are an injustice because we don't understand the law. Verdicts should never be the result of personal feelings, religious feelings, or moral views. No, verdicts should and must be made because of laws. Nothing more and nothing less.. If we go beyond the law or beneath the law, the system will fall.

I watched almost every minute of the George Zimmerman trial, and I believe that the jury voted according to the law, and reached the only verdict possible. Not Guilty.

I only wish that this would be the end of it, but it won't be.

No comments:

Big Name Sport's Stars-Boring

Is anyone else sick and tired of prima donna athletes? KD,this is boring. You signed the contract, now, do the job and win a championship fo...