Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Pigskin Purgatory

I hate to bash an old arch enemy, but I did see the scores of Kellogg's first two football games of the year.

St Maries 54
Kellogg----7

Grangeville 69
Kellogg-------6

Looks like the Wildcats are a bit offensively challenged, and a tad bit defensively challenged, too.

Meanwhile, my old proud Wallace Miners have been reduced to something akin to advanced  Flag Football.

I never thought that I would live long enough to say this, but maybe, God forgive me, just maybe it is time or past time to make one school out of the two. Perhaps between the two they could field a decent team, have better academics, music, etc. Of course, they would never be in agreement of where the school should be, and what the nickname would be. And now, I bow my head in shame for even mentioning such a diabolical thought.

2 comments:

Go Figure said...

8 man is, shall we say, 'interesting'.

Cedar Street Kid said...

Kind of like Arena football

Big Name Sport's Stars-Boring

Is anyone else sick and tired of prima donna athletes? KD,this is boring. You signed the contract, now, do the job and win a championship fo...