Monday, September 3, 2012

I Salute All American Workers

This day I salute all American workers, both past and present, for they are the ones who helped make this country great. In 1887, Oregon became the first state to make this day a holiday. The national recognition of Labor Day came about because of the Pullman Strike in 1894.If you don't know about this one, you should read up on it.

Today, there are many who would destroy the rights and the dignity of American workers. Corporations no longer care about  precious American jobs but outsource them overseas. Unions are all but gone, and the rights of workers all but abolished. Yet, it is and was the workers who make the profits for the corporations.

It is people like my childhood friend , blogger, Go Figure, who still fight for the rights of workers. So, thank you, Starr, for standing up for the little guys.

Thank you American workers for your labor, your blood, your sweat, your tears, that built industries, cities, farms, factories, schools, roads, and everything that makes things run. You are the real heroes of America. Thank You!

2 comments:

Go Figure said...

Well, thank you. I was wondering what I was doing at the office all day Sat, Sun, and 21 1/2 hours straight (true) yesterday and this morning. Thank you for reminding me. As for the little guys, I am just one of the crowd trying to get everyone to fight...a good fight.

Cedar Street Kid said...

wow, it has been a long time since I put in that many hours. I did it several times in the hotels. I remember going home and just dropping on the bed. Take care of yourself, man, we are not 17 anymore.

Big Name Sport's Stars-Boring

Is anyone else sick and tired of prima donna athletes? KD,this is boring. You signed the contract, now, do the job and win a championship fo...