Monday, July 16, 2012

It's The Money

Follow the money trail, and you will find the culprit every time. There is no mystery here. Big time college sports paid by the always willing networks are the guilty ones , and have ruined many lives. The idea of a "student athlete" has become almost laughable. Oh, yes, I know, I know, there are some very fine exceptions, but the huge money provided by the networks have simply created a climate such dirt and filth that it stinks to high heaven.

I love sports. I love watching sports. But, as the water in the swimming pool becomes a stinking cesspool, I can only shake my head, hold my nose, and mourn for those whose lives were ruined because of the culture created by the money.

I have gotten to the point where I would rather watch Division II or III, or NAIA games. The kids there are still playing because they love to play. The coaches don't make millions of dollars, and they don't have weekly talk shows on TV. And, you get to see some really good football and basketball.

It is the money, honey, that has ruined college sports, that has spawned super conferences, cheating, lying, hero worship,and oh yea, I forgot one, child molestation. Just ask the victims of the Penn State scandal.

No comments:

Big Name Sport's Stars-Boring

Is anyone else sick and tired of prima donna athletes? KD,this is boring. You signed the contract, now, do the job and win a championship fo...