Tuesday, August 20, 2019

North Idaho Grows Up

As I moved around as an adult to various cities and places I would remind myself that if I became smothered by the stress of high rents, crowded highways, and population masses that I could always go back home to Wallace or at least to Coeur d' Alene. Roads would not be crowded, rents would be cheap and the only crowd would be in the local bar on a Friday night.

Little did I know just how wrong I was. Coeur d' Alene has been "discovered". When I moved from CDA to Kirkland Wa in 1971 to go to college there, I was paying 65.00 a month for a small house. I came back to CDA in the early '90s and rents were still very attractive. Now? WOW!

Yes, it is good times for those who own property but it is bad times for those who don't.

No comments:

Big Name Sport's Stars-Boring

Is anyone else sick and tired of prima donna athletes? KD,this is boring. You signed the contract, now, do the job and win a championship fo...