Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Leaves of Winter-This was my first blog from Jan,16,2008

Was it only yesterday that it was Spring?We were so young,so excited,so childlike.


Now it is the "dead"of winter.Ice crystals cover the green of the grass, and the branches on the apple tree shimmer from the weight of the snow.They occasionally shake and try in vain to lighten their load ." Get off of me" they seem to say.It is too late, and their effort brings the next round of punishment as the snow comes again.



But is it punishment, is it the end, or is it just the beginning?



I look at that tree in my yard, and yes, I see the snow. I hear the branches groaning in labor . I see the piles of snow, and the few apples still clinging perilously to the limbs. Then in the quiet the dark morning hours, hundreds of tiny winter birds , singing their song of joy come flying into the tree. That old tree isn't really dead . It has just changed forms.



The joyous sound of the birds confirm this as they happily peck at the red fruit. Even in the dead of winter, the tree still has a purpose. It gives life and nourishment to other life forms.

And so, the cycle of life continues.



I am that tree.   March 6,2028

No comments:

Big Name Sport's Stars-Boring

Is anyone else sick and tired of prima donna athletes? KD,this is boring. You signed the contract, now, do the job and win a championship fo...