Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Two Grand Old Ladies

As my readers know, I managed hotels for over 30 years, and I loved every minute of it. The hotel that launched my career was the Carlton Hotel in Tacoma, WA, where I worked while I was attending college in Kirkland, WA.

While looking at some old pictures today, I was struck with the resemblance of the grand Samuel's Hotel in Wallace, and the Carlton in Tacoma. Here they are, side by side.

The grand lady, The Carlton Hotel

The Samuel's Hotel Wallace, Idaho

PS The Carlton still stands but is no longer a hotel, but our beautiful Samuel's was torn down in the 1980's

No comments:

Big Name Sport's Stars-Boring

Is anyone else sick and tired of prima donna athletes? KD,this is boring. You signed the contract, now, do the job and win a championship fo...