Thursday, March 16, 2017

A Year-My Hometown?

If time does fly then I must be riding a rocket ship because today is the first anniversary of my move back home.After a full year back in the town of my birth, I find that I am asking a very complex question. Is this Wallace my hometown, or is the Wallace stored away in the film vault of my brain my real hometown? Is a hometown a set thing, or is it a subjective concept?

My wife and I lived in Coeur d' Alene for 6 and 1/2 years before moving to Wallace. I went to NIJC way back when and lived there for a year. I managed a hotel in the CDA area for three years and lived there then. Yesterday we went to CDA for my Dr appointment and for some much-needed necessity shopping since the Valley has basically been reduced to Wally Mart Wold and not a very good Wally at that! I turned to my wife we entered the streets of CDA and said, "We are home."

So, is CDA my real hometown? Maybe. I loved living in Seattle before it was hijacked by progressive snowflakes.  I would tell people that Seattle was my hometown. When I lived in Salem, Oregon in the 1970's I never wanted to live in any other city. I told everyone that Salem was my hometown.

So, I ask you, what is my hometown? Wallace will always live in my mind as my hometown, but wit basically everything that I knew here, gone, and CDA feels like home when I am there. I am in a quandary.

Wallace is my place of birth and classic movie hometown, but my hometown is------wherever I am living at the time. Wherever I am is home.

No comments:

Big Name Sport's Stars-Boring

Is anyone else sick and tired of prima donna athletes? KD,this is boring. You signed the contract, now, do the job and win a championship fo...