Monday, January 9, 2017

Weather Alert

And this just in. It is winter time in Wallace.Now that may come as a shocker to the good folks over at KHQ, KXLY, and KREM in Spokane, but to natives of N Idaho, it is not exactly earth shattering news. I get mildly amused, mildly agitated, and downright flabbergasted that news programs now devote so much time to weather and so much less time than they use to for actual news stories.

I can remember, being the now officially old coot that I am, when the fine stations mentioned above dedicated only a few minutes to weather towards the end of the broadcast. That is no longer the case.
No, not at all. Now, the weather reporters seemed stunned and try their best to frighten us with the horrifying news that " snow is on the way". Oh my, oh my, whatever shall we do? Well, I don't know about you, but I will just sigh and say, "what so you expect? It is winter time in Wallace
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bad joke of the day:http://www.punoftheday.com/cgi-bin/disppuns.pl?ord=F


Yesterday I accidentally swallowed some food coloring. The doctor says I'm OK, but I feel like I've dyed a little inside.

Thought of the day-

"Why is it when we talk to God we're praying, but when God talks to us, we're schizophrenic?"
~ Lily Tomlin ~ 

No comments:

Big Name Sport's Stars-Boring

Is anyone else sick and tired of prima donna athletes? KD,this is boring. You signed the contract, now, do the job and win a championship fo...