Monday, December 26, 2016

The Day After

The big day has come and gone once again.We celebrated a little differently this year. We decided to just enjoy the season, spend less money, stay home and watch Christmas movies, and enjoy each other's company. It was great. I hope all of you enjoyed the day.

Well, it has been quite the year for this Wallace native. Yes, as you know, I moved home this year, moivesI must admit that being back in Wallace has brought back reels and reels of movies from years gone by. Being back at Christmas was especially challenging because it was the first time since my parents passed that I have been in Wallace at Christmas time. There were moments of soft tears, muffled sobs, and quiet chuckles as I journeyed down a sentimental lane.

Will we be here next year? I don't know what the future holds. I do know that wherever we are, we will once again celebrate the birth of our Lord and Savior.

Perhaps this journey back to Wallace can best be summed up by this song.

Gonna take a sentimental journey
Gonna set my heart at ease
Gonna make a sentimental journey
To renew old memories

Got my bag, got my reservation
Spent each dime I could afford
Like a child in wild anticipation
Long to hear that "All aboard"

Seven, that's the time we leave, at seven
I'll be waitin' up for heaven
Countin' every mile of railroad track
That takes me back

Never thought my heart could be so 'yearny'
Why did I decide to roam?
Gotta take that sentimental journey
Sentimental journey home,

Sentimental journey!
Songwriters: BROWN, LES/GREEN, BUD/HOMER, BENJAMIN
Sentimental Journey lyrics © Warner/Chappell Music, Inc., THE SONGWRITERS GUILD OF AMERICA


No comments:

Big Name Sport's Stars-Boring

Is anyone else sick and tired of prima donna athletes? KD,this is boring. You signed the contract, now, do the job and win a championship fo...