Monday, June 27, 2016

It's Going To Be A Bright, Bright Sunshiny Day.

What a gorgeous morning in North Idaho! The sky is  Dodger Blue ,there are no clouds in sight, and the breeze is gently moving the tiger chimes on our front porch, and the hanging flowers are dancing to the slow music heard only by them. In other words, it is perfect outside this morning.

As much as I try to rebel against weather and temperature watching I just cannot help but follow it. Old habits die hard. No one followed the weather and the temperatures more than my dad did. Every hour on the hour, he would amble across the living room floor, open the door and screen door, and read the ever present thermometer on the front porch. If any of us happened to be sitting in the near vicinity he would announce the reading out loud, and then he would walk over to his recliner, reach down and pick up his little black diary type books,and record the time of day and the temperature reading. He also would record the time of sunrise and sunset for each day.

I have all of my dad's diaries,and the other day I read through quite a few of them. Each day as well as the weather, he would write some of his thoughts, a few details about what he did that day, and as he got older and sicker, he would record thoughts and concerns about how his life was about over. I, of course, have to be in a certain mood to read the diaries. I am so thankful, though, that I have them.

So, it is 9:01 AM, 6/27/2016 and the temperature is already 69 degrees F in Wallace, so I wish all of you a beautiful sun filled day.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Big Name Sport's Stars-Boring

Is anyone else sick and tired of prima donna athletes? KD,this is boring. You signed the contract, now, do the job and win a championship fo...