Monday, July 27, 2015

Homesick

Do you ever get homesick? I certainly do. Life in the corner of my mind that is labeled "nostalgia" was so much simpler, purer, and even almost ethereal. In other words, my memories of those splendid days of Wallace past have no doubt been elevated, escalated, exaggerated and enshrined in exotic distortions of memory. 

Those memories are mine. I created them, I produced, directed and starred in them.The problem is that since these memories are on a pedestal of unreachable height, I find it very difficult, if not agonizingly nearly impossible, to visit what was home without looking at what is now there and not really seeing it, but with eyes that exist only in the realm of warm, fuzzy, blue sky memories, I see what once was and find it impossible to reconcile the two.

I went as far as I could try'in to find a new face
There isn't one of these lines that I would erase
I left a million miles of memories on that road
and every step I take I know that I'm not alone
You take the home from the boy but not the boy from his home
these are my streets the only life I've ever known
Who says you can't go home
who says you can't go home
there's only one place they call me one of their own
just a hometown boy born a rolling stone
who says you can't go home

Performed by BonJovi



2 comments:

Go Figure said...

Cedar,
I don't remember anyone by the name of BonJovi graduating from that citadel of learning referred to as the Wallace Public Schools.

Cedar Street Kid said...

He was a very quiet kid, hardly noticeable. I think he became an attorney or a performer, I can't remember which one.

Big Name Sport's Stars-Boring

Is anyone else sick and tired of prima donna athletes? KD,this is boring. You signed the contract, now, do the job and win a championship fo...