Sunday, December 14, 2014

Christmas-The Cookie Jar

Christmas was about fudge and cookies when I was growing up. Mom would start in November baking and freezing all the goodies that we loved so much. Then, they were placed every year in this Dutch Boy Cookie Jar. I loved this old cookie jar, and low and behold, I found out about 15 years ago that my mom still had it. She knew how much I loved it, so she put my name on the bottom of it, meaning that when she passed, that it would be mine. It now proudly sits on top of my refrigerator, and is awaiting the cookies that will fill it this coming weekend.
The old boy is still in perfect shape. I found out that it is an antique. It, however, is not for sale. Some memories just can't be bought.






No comments:

Big Name Sport's Stars-Boring

Is anyone else sick and tired of prima donna athletes? KD,this is boring. You signed the contract, now, do the job and win a championship fo...