Thursday, October 16, 2014

Remembering my place of birth .



I went over to hometown of Wallace today for a short trip on the 14th.. Since my birthday is on the 16th, I took a picture of the grounds where the Wallace Hospital once stood, and where I was born. The hospital grounds are now a small, lovely park. The third picture is the way the Wallace Hosptial looked in 1909, and no, that was not the year of my birth. The 4th picture is the house on Cedar that I grew up in. My folks owned it until 1984 when they moved to Osburn because the old house was too much for my mother to keep up with. I love that old house.

No place is lovelier that Wallace, Idaho in the Autumn. 






3 comments:

tomas said...

Notice how bare the hills are behind the hospital. Those hills are now covered with large trees. The park doesn't seem large enough to hold a hospital. Did the creek run under the hospital?

Cedar Street Kid said...

Toms,the creek was behind the hospital.

Go Figure said...

Yes indeed. I had forgotten how beautiful the foliage is in Wallace in the fall.

Big Name Sport's Stars-Boring

Is anyone else sick and tired of prima donna athletes? KD,this is boring. You signed the contract, now, do the job and win a championship fo...