Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Tuesday Drivels-Mullan on the rebound

Tuesday -Thought of the day.

If a king judges the poor with fairness, his throne will always be secure -Proverbs 29:14 NIV

Hm, something for America to remember. God was and is very protective of the poor and downtrodden. The very poor often have no voice. Let America be a shining beacon to those in desperate need. 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

I am very happy to see some sign of live in Mullan. I have always enjoyed going to Mulllan. The setting is almost majestic, and the old buildings bring to mind how it mus have been on the bustling days of yore. I remember, though, that as a small child I was petrified of the old highway that twisted and turned, and was often so slick in the winter time that you just kind of placed your hands on the wheel and prayed. Of course, it did not help matters any that there was a certain nasty curve that the locals christened " Death Curve" I would shut my eyes as tightly as I could tell my dad to let me know when we were past the curve . I guess that I expected to see ghosts come floating out or something. 

Anyway, congratulations to Mullan for the reopening of Mullan Trail Gas and Grocery, and the opening of Earl's Pub and Grill. I am sure that the good folks of Mullan are very happy to not have to drive to Wallace for just  a loaf of bread or to eat a meal out.


Mullan (Idaho), 1912


 Mullan,1912
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is Tax Day. Do you know where your money is?

 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


 

No comments:

Big Name Sport's Stars-Boring

Is anyone else sick and tired of prima donna athletes? KD,this is boring. You signed the contract, now, do the job and win a championship fo...