Sunday, March 9, 2014

Time Again.

My dad was the master clock watcher. I do not know how many countless watches and clocks he had over the years. Quite a few years ago, my sister, Cheri, and I went in together and bought him a beautiful atomic wall clock. Dad would literally sit and watch the time change twice each year. He would laugh when the clock would spring forward in the spring and fall back in the autumn.

 The place where they lived the last years of their lives was not a great place for the atomic clock to work every time, and when it failed to change on its own, Dad would look like he had lost his best friend. I would sneak and change it manually when he was asleep so that he would think it changed. Well, Dad, we still proudly have your clock on our wall, and I watch it like a hawk to make sure it changes. Where we live makes it work much better than it did in the Silver Valley. I am happy to tell you, Dad, that the clock changed perfectly last night, although, somehow, I think that you already knew that.

No comments:

Big Name Sport's Stars-Boring

Is anyone else sick and tired of prima donna athletes? KD,this is boring. You signed the contract, now, do the job and win a championship fo...