Thursday, October 24, 2013

Can I Get My Quarterback, Please?

Wow, the quarterback situation for the NFL ST Louis Rams is so desperate that they called none other than Mr. Brett Favre to see if he would come out of retirement,AGAIN, but to his credit, Mr. Favre declined. That is s good thing because he is 44 years old, and has not played since the 2010 season.

Evidently the cupboard is bare, and the poor NFL has no bones to spare,

Since the Rams are calling on old quarterbacks , I thought of two that stand out in my mind from my early youth in Wallace. They were outstanding on some unbelievably good Wallace Miner teams.

The first one is Mr. John Bardelli. John was the quarterback in the early 60's in Wallace, and was the quarterbacked the first high school game that I ever saw when I was in the 4th grade. At that time I thought of HS athletes almost like they were pros, and Bardelli was no exception to my youthful view of the world. I don't remember a whole lot about the other guys on that team except Larry Mcguffie,who was a heck of an athlete. (not sure of Larry's last name spelling)

The next one would be Mr. Sonny Parsons. Parsons was the quarterback on the outstanding 1965 Miner team . I was in the 7th grade at that time, and I could not wait to see every home game that year,  Parsons to Jones was a combinations that would make any modern day ESPN highlight. The 1965 Miners were the toughest, hardest hitting, and one of the most talented teams that Wallace ever produced, in my opinion. GF's brother was also a very good player on that team)

Of course, if neither of these guys can take the call to be the Ram's starter , maybe they can just rent a Tebow for a few days.

No comments:

Big Name Sport's Stars-Boring

Is anyone else sick and tired of prima donna athletes? KD,this is boring. You signed the contract, now, do the job and win a championship fo...